board shorts background
Sunday, July 31, 2011
07.11
July. Vacation month. The beginning of July seems like a distant memory and thankfully so. The beginning of the month was fun of course with the 4th of July but then the weather turned bad AGAIN. So we were stuck inside and trying to find creative ways to get out of the house and do stuff. It was nice to have some time in the house to get Hailey's room mostly finished up. One project almost checked off the list. Tyler and Hailey have been their crazy selves, doing regular crazy kids stuff. Only, it started driving me nuts and then I just couldn't shake the irritation. Definitely a sign that we needed a vacation. Tyler has also decided to stop listening and start debating everything we ask him to do. Not a fan of this stage. Ready to move on to the next :).
The last week of the month we been in Bend. Dave has been on vacation and life is good. We are having a blast this year. The kids are finally old enough to really go out and do stuff. So we been doing just that. We've been going hiking, swimming, and biking. We've been going to new places like Smith Rock and Mt Bachelor. Dave and I have been running almost every morning. Heaven. And the sun has been shining every day. We so needed the sun!
We still have a bit more vacation left (yahoo) and then we will be in the final weeks of summer. Hard to believe. I hope we have some outstanding weather this fall. But I know the rest of the summer will fly by and school will be upon us again before we know it. We still have a list of fun things we want to do this summer when we get home. Now we are just hoping for a sunny August.
How I enjoy the lazy days of summer. Well the school year is nice too, since I have some time alone to get work done. But the lazy schedule of waking up and just easing into our day at whatever pace we want is quite fabulous. We actually have spent this summer with no activities. no camps. no swim lessons. nothing. That is a definite first....maybe that's why my patience had run out earlier this month :). The kids do love just being at home though. Funny how it's easier for me to be out and about sometimes. When I'm at home too much I feel the stress of all the things I want to get done around the house but just can't get done with the kids around. But when we are out and about that all goes away since I can't do anything about the house when we aren't there :). Random thoughts I know, but I'm sure they'll be fun to look back on in a few years.
This months pics are from our trip to Bend of course. It's so nice to have Dave around at all times and not have sole responsibility for the kids all day long. Of course I think he is doing everything now so he may be excited to get back to work when we get home :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment