board shorts background
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
05.11
Writers block in May. Well the big deal was our big vacation to Disneyland and Legoland. This was the obvious choice for the picture this month. And as I went back through to look for a good picture I realized we didn't get any pictures of the whole family with any of the characters. A character picture would have been better...at least it would have been obvious where we were. Oh well. Our trip was fabulous and exhausting. We all had a blast. The kids had great stamina. Hailey made it through the whole trip without needing a stroller. I'm still boggled by this, particularly when she claims her legs are tired and I have to carry her, two minutes into our 7 minute walk to take Tyler to school. Anyway, I think Disneyland will be a trip the kids will always remember (at least Ty). I am so glad Tyler was able to do the Jedi Training. That was a definite highlight for him. He's already asking if we can go back to legoland soon. And although we won't be, I do sort of wish we had worked Sea World into our trip. Hailey would have loved that. She is such an animal lover.
The rest of May just sort of slipped by. Dave was out of town at training for a week right after we got back. That left me really really :) tired the week he got back from training. I find his long term absences very interesting. He definitely is the calming balance in our family. And it's strange because on all his work days he's gone all day. He may see the kids very briefly at one end of the day but that's it. There is something in the kids subconscious though that tell them it's different when he's out of town. They are off kilter and it shows in their attitude and ability to get along with each other.
The month was filled with baseball games. Tyler is loving baseball this year. It's really fun to watch. He is very much in his element. I was curious how he'd take to an actual game (and not just continually hitting the ball). He's done great....a natural.
I've taken everything out of Hailey's rooms and it is ready for me to paint it and decorate it. We just found some furniture that I think will look very cute as well. Of course I need to sand and repaint it. Everything has to be a project right? :)....nothing easy. We are also cleaning out the garage and working on the yard. Two BIG projects.
School is winding down (especially since I'm writing this a week into June). Hailey is done on the 10th and Tyler gets done on the 23rd of June. We are all looking forward to summer.....especially when the weather figures out that it is summer time. I'm slightly panicked about our summer schedule. Not sure how I'm going to get it all done every day. Work is harder when no one is ever in school. Currently the kids aren't signed up for any camps. I looked at a few but was struggling to find one where they could both be gone at the same time. And selfishly, it's not worth the money if I've still got one of them at home and can't get anything done at my end. That's not to say they won't end up going to a camp but right now, it will be a relaxing summer at home. We have a trip to Ocean Shores lined up and our regular summer escape to Bend to look forward to. Our June weekends are already filled with ball games, dance recitals, and parties. Hailey can't wait to go to the zoo. I'm hoping to find some sort of daily schedule for us to work in lots of play, chores, and consistent reading so Tyler maintains and grows the great reading foundation he's gained this year.
The weather is still rainy and gross. We need sun! Our kids were made for the outdoors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment