board shorts background

Sunday, October 2, 2011

09.11

September.  No Family Photo.  Fail.  But I did take photos.  Of course.


Oh September where did you go.  It was a bit of a whirlwind.  Everything started up again.  We are back to school schedules and fall soccer and all our other activities.  It was a big question how 1st grade would go for Tyler.  Everyone had said that they come home so tired and and I was worried it would be such a long day for my boy who loves to be at home so much.  So I am thrilled that Tyler absolutely loves his teacher and though he says it hurts to sit all day he's had no complaints and is certainly NOT tired when he gets home.

Hailey is loving Pre-K.  She's so excited to have moved up in the world of preschool and is quick to correct you if you ask about preschool.  Preschool was last year, Pre-K is this year. 

Soccer has been fun this year as well.  I feel like this is the first year where Tyler and his team are really playing.  He absolutely loves it.  Of course it has helped that we had nice weather most of September.  This last Saturday was our first rainy game.  Hailey is also playing soccer this year.  I was a little worried because the week before last she was in tears most of the game saying she was tired and didn't want to play.  But this last week she made some goals and soccer all of the sudden became the funnest thing ever.  Hopefully that will continue.

Dave has been working a bunch of off duty jobs....part of the three year plan for a new used car :).  We have also reinstated Daddy Monday's though it's just Dave and Hailey this year.  Mondays are my day to get some work done, get bills paid, get some food made for the week, and do whatever else we have going on....there is always something.

I have been busy figuring out how to fine tune our days with our new schedule so everything gets done.  In theory, having Hailey in school three days a week should give me three days with a block of time to get some work done.  However, this month I've been going to a physical therapist twice a week to try and fix some shoulder and back issues.  Of course the only time I can go is while Hailey is a school.  So that has thrown a wrench into things.....and hasn't solved my shoulder/back issues....which is frustrating.   The rest has been general beginning of the year stuff.....endless forms for this and that, finding ways to help out at the kids' school, and getting everyone where they need to be when they need to be there.  We were doing pretty good for the month until I forgot about Hailey's soccer pictures last Friday.  A friendly reminder that I'm still not quite on top of things.   I've been fitting work in wherever I can which is not my favorite way of doing things.

We did make a quick trip up to Canada last weekend to celebrate my great uncle Lawrence's 80th birthday.  It was the kids' first trip out of the country.  It really was a quick trip.  We left after breakfast and were back for dinner.  We are looking forward to going back up (perhaps this summer) and checking out the Vancouver Aquarium and Capilano Bridge.  It was very nice to see my Uncle's home, his beautiful garden and his one of a kind woodworking.  I can only hope to be in such great health and well being when I am 80.  Happy Birthday Lawrence.

A family photo with Lawrence in Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment