board shorts background
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
10.11
Here we are already on the 9th day of November and I'm just downloading a majority of the photos I took in October. The month evaporated, much like September I guess. We are busy running here and there. We are working hard and having fun. I have so many blog posts I need to do for October but guess a quick summary here will do some good. We started the month out with much of the same activities which included school (dance and gymnastics for Hailey), week day soccer practice, weekend soccer games, art class for Tyler, and the beginning of cub scouts. Hailey's soccer season ended the third weekend of the month with a game and then an end of season party at Alfie's where we lucked out in getting a DVD of the girl's season...love it. Tyler's season continued on until the first weekend of November. Tyler is loving his art class and I'm so happy we signed up. I think it's a good balance between all the other stuff he has going on right now. The other big "new" thing of the month for Tyler was the beginning of Cub Scouts. I wasn't sure how he was going to take to the whole thing (it does after all require a tucked in button down shirt) but he's loving it. It helps that a bunch of his friends are in his Den and he was able to go up to Fire Mountain with Dave and fish and shoot a b-b gun.
Our weekends were packed this month and looking back I don't even remember what we did (that's what I get for not blogging) but I've been trying to get us all to go see a movie (Dolphin Tale) and there wasn't one 2 hour block of time for it in all of October. Whew! We did make it to the pumpkin farms early in the month and we all had a great time. The kids were more than excited for Halloween this year. Oh the joys of candy!! Tyler was Jack Sparrow, very appropriate for his current love of pirates. Hailey was a shark. I'm not sure you'll ever see her in a princess costume but a shark was appropriate for her too since sharks are one of her favorite things.....right up there with dinosaurs.
Hmm, a short post. We were so busy, I can't even remember everything we did :). Tyler is still loving school. We did have his teacher conference and it sounds like he's right where he should be and though he claims to be the best listener and perfect student he apparently is also a bit chatty in class :). Tyler was also "cool cat" this month in class and for a week was able to bring in things from home and tell all about himself. He was really excited for that. Hailey continues to protest taking Tyler to school EVERY morning. It's the same drama every day. This girl just wants to hang out at home and not get dressed. Though I fully understand her desire, I could do without the daily battle.....he has to go to school. He even wants to go to school. 8:00 am come quick every morning though.
Dave's Dad Pat came for a visit. It's been several years since he has been in town and the kids were excited to see him. It was nice to spend some time with him though he pretty much spent his days here running from one sporting event to another .... trying to see all 5 grandkid's game's in one weekend. That's not an easy task.
Now off to tackle November......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment