| Technically this photo is from Dec 4th but it's the only one I have for November :) |
The highlight of this month was Tyler's birthday. He was so excited to turn 7. He was so excited to have a pirate party. He was so excited for presents. I was pleased with his party this year. I had the time totally filled with games which was a good thing. And all the games were super inexpensive but lots of fun. I think everyone has a good time. The day before Tyler's birthday he had his last soccer game and a week later basketball started. Tyler has a bunch of his friends on his basketball team and is LOVING it. Practice is way too late at night (Monday and Wednesdays from 7-8pm). Tyler just gets so excited before practice he can hardly contain himself. His art class also continued through the month and he has continued to really enjoy that as well. Tyler had his first official Den meeting for scouts this month. They also had the annual father/son cake auction which was a lot of fun to go to. These people take their cake competitions seriously. Unfortunately Dave was out of town during this week and Tyler didn't want to make a cake with me. So, we were able to go and enjoy looking at everyone else's cakes.
It was another month that flew by. The week days are busy getting from one thing to next and while Tyler is at school Hailey and I are busy running to gymnastics, getting chores done, and playing. At the end of the month Hailey's gymnastics coach said she was ready to move up a level. So Hailey now has gymnastics on Tuesday mornings. She really like her new class and they are doing a lot more "real" gymnastics. I think she'll have a bit of a challenge now which will be good for her.
The kids spent that last part of the month anticipating the beginning of Christmas music. We had a very nice Thanksgiving with Dave's family. As always I am so thankful for our healthy fun loving little family. We are all so blessed to have each other. And we certainly don't take for granted that Dave is employed and we have a roof over our head. I am also so thankful for my job that is flexible enough to let me squeeze the work in where I can and lets me be home with the kids. It also give a little wiggle room for all the kids extra curricular activities which seem like and endless money suck. I am so thankful to have such good kids. Sure they have their moments but overall they are pretty good. We are just so lucky!
We tuned on the Christmas music as we drove home from Thanksgiving and it has been playing ever since. We had most of the decorations out and up before Thanksgiving weekend was over. No on to the holiday season. One of my favorite times of year. It's crazy busy with stuff to do but I so enjoy buying gifts and finding fun crafts to make for everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment