board shorts background

Friday, March 2, 2012

02.12


February's photo is brought to you from Tyler's "new" room.  Tyler's bedroom had been an issue for quite some time.  It was a total disaster.  It was partly due to Tyler not cleaning up his legos and a lot to do with Tyler just not having the space he needed.  So a few days ago we found a desk for Tyler room.  We cleared out his whole room and started over.  We rearranged all the furniture and then moved everything back in and a more orderly fashion.  He loves his new room and how clean it feels.  Hopefully the cleanliness will last.

February raced by the way all months do these days.  It was definitely a more relaxed month since Tyler's basketball ended and he's had about 3 weeks of nothing.  It's been a nice change of pace but it turns out he really "needs" that energy burn in his week.  The kids have been loud and crazy and obnoxious and running around as if they are outdoors. It's been driving me a little nuts....though they have been playing well together.  Tyler is missing basketball.  We go up to shoot hoops at the school whenever possible but boy, would it be nice to have a hoop here at the house.  We, Tyler especially, is really wishing we didn't live on a steep hill.  We are trying to think of something we can rig up in the backyard.  He won't be able to dribble but at least he could practice his shooting. 

Tyler's continued to work so hard in school.  yesterday he brought home a certificate for being one of the top 3 highest scorers on their AR testing.  That is his second month in a row.  I wanted to do something special for Ty since he's been working so hard this year.  The growth in his reading has been incredible.  He's really been working on his math as well.  So he and I had a special day last weekend and we went roller skating.  He thought it was hard but the best ever.  I'm so proud of him and all his hard work this year.

Hailey has continued with all of her activities.  We have our weekly routine that works pretty well for us and she is so good about keeping herself busy if I have something I need to get done....of course it needs to be followed up by some good one on one time.  She has been having a case of daddyitus recently.  She doesn't want him to go to work and gets mad every morning when I walk in even though she's called her dad.  Thankfully she usually gives me some love later in the day!

Dave's been busy at work.  He's also been working with Tyler to make his pinewood derby car for scouts.  I think he's having fun but I don't think it's his favorite way to be spending his time :).  He has a big learning curve this year.

We were able to work one day at the beginning of the month on an on going project to get insulation under our house and on the walls in the garage.  It's been a slow process but we took a couple steps forward this month.

I've spent a lot of time at the chiropractor this month.  I finally broke down and could take the 4 + years of back pain any longer.  The pinched nerve in my back has just gotten so painful.  Fortunately the chiropractor seems to think he can heal me.  Unfortunately it is a very long and slow process.  But at this point any steps in the right direction is a good thing.

And now we are off to March.  Tyler is going to be starting a Sunday only basketball clinic for 5 weeks and baseball should be starting sometime later in the month as well.  Hailey is counting the days until she turns 5!  I can't believe how grown up she is.

so happy in his new space

No comments:

Post a Comment