This month was mostly filled with sickness and the daily grind :). We had a fever/cough go through that both kids got that took us out for about a week. Other than that it has been life as busy usual. Tyler did start baseball mid month. It's been cold and rainy but the transition to a new sport season is always fun for Tyler. He has also been going to a Saturday morning soccer clinic which he has absolutely been loving. Tyler is really looking forward to soccer this year. The other big event of the month was the scouts pinewood derby. Tyler was in the top 3 for his den and was awarded a trophy. That's all he needed to be happy!!
As for Hailey, she didn't have any big activities this month. She did have a birthday party (the first drop off party) last week. I was called back early to get her. They were playing games and she didn't win (actually it was pin the tail on the donkey and her tail was far from the donkey). In true Hailey form she was done, party over. I wish I knew the right way to handle these situations. At some point I need to get her to understand everything she does will not be perfect, and it's ok, and it doesn't mean she needs to quit. Oh I need help here. On a positive note, Hailey has become much more interested in her and I doing art projects at home this month. That has been fun. She has also been drawing up a storm which I love. Also true to Hailey's form she draws lots of animals. They are adorable.
Dave took his annual trip to Arizona for Spring Training with his brothers. While he was gone the kids and I did a fun jam packed Saturday. We spent the morning roller skating. Tyler and I had been roller skating for a special day a few weeks earlier. Hailey really wanted to try so Ty and I took her for her first skating experience. After skating we rushed home for Tyler's first baseball practice. After practice it was off to the movie theater to see The Lorax. We all loved it. And we topped off the day with a late dinner at Red Robin. After that we went home and fell into bed :). A very fun day for us all.
It's now April and the kids are on spring break....no big vacation this year but I'm dreaming about next year. Hailey is so excited for her upcoming birthday........
No comments:
Post a Comment