board shorts background

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

05.12


Three family photos this month.....that's a record.  We had our first all family bike ride this month.  Since Hailey's is riding with no training wheels on a bigger bike, I no longer have to run next to her.  This feels like a major milestone and should make for a fun summer. 

The month of May.  May can be pretty much summed up with Baseball.  Lots of baseball practices and games.  This meant a ton of fun for Tyler,  lots of adjusting work and taking vacation time for Dave, fun playing with kids at the park or pure boredom sitting on the bleachers (depending on location) for Hailey, and lots of watching for me.  I love that my boy walks up to the plate to bat and the first thing he does is look back to make sure I'm watching.  This year baseball is definitely looking more like baseball and I think Tyler enjoyed this year even more than last.

We had a a week or two of summerish weather which was fantastic.  Unfortunately it's been followed by winter rainy weather which has been hard to swallow after  welcoming summer.  Fortunately we were able to get the house painted during those two nice weeks!  So now our house is looking fantastic from the outside (if you can ignore the red curtains).  Dave is spending any free time he has trying to strip the stain off the deck so it can be restained.  He's having a great time...there's nothing he'd rather be doing after a busy week at work. 

The kids are counting down the days until summer vacation.  I'm hoping the summer weather arrives by the end of school so we don't have a repeat of last summer.  I can't wait for the slower pace of summer but with it comes the challenges of getting work  and chores done when there is so much fun to be had. 

Tyler won the AR reader of the month again in school.  He has become obsessed with taking AR tests.  So much so that he is ignoring the great books I found at the library because he "can't take an AR test on them".  His teacher has also noticed this obsession.  Boy does the competitive spirit run hard in him.  But since his reading has improved so much we'll look at this as a positive thing.  The true test will come this summer when there are no more prizes to be won.  Hopefully he will still love reading.

More details in it's own blog but the picture immediately below is a family fun run we ran just last weekend (technically June 2nd).  A mile and half.  Tyler sprinted the whole way and I nearly died keeping up with him.  His sprint is apparently faster than mine and my many casual 3 mile runs did nothing to prepare me for a mile and a half sprint.  He damaged my ego terribly.  Tyler did however finish 7th....overall.  Again with the competitive spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment